In June, Caterer.com held a special event at the Soho Hotel to launch its Entry Level Talent Campaign and to deliver the results of our latest research. We found a staggering 97% of school aged children and recent school leavers in the UK have already written off working in hospitality as a career option.
In this episode…
Why is this happening and what solutions can the industry offer?
We hosted two discussion panels before an audience of nearly 100 industry professionals, and we’re pleased to be able to bring you recordings of those panels in this podcast.
Next we invited hospitality employers to join us. On the panel were James Grist, Head of Talent at D&D London, Robert Richardson, GM of The Grand Hotel in Kent and Adam Rowledge, formerly GM of Georgian House in London and now MD of Rowledge Associates, a consultancy and training agency.”
Listen to Caterer.com Recruiting in Hospitality Podcast – Inspiring hospitality talent
Download the podcast on iTunes or click the play button below to listen now:
- John Guthrie, Employment Policy Adviser – UK Hospitality
- Anne Pierce, Chief Executive – Springboard
- Louise Davies, Founder – The Food Teachers Centre
- James Grist, Head of Talent – D&D London
- Robert Richardson, GM of The Grand Hotel in Kent
- Adam Rowledge, formerly GM of Georgian House in London and now MD of Rowledge Associates
Hosted by: Lancelot Narayan
Get involved: Send your feedback via our social channels. Find us on Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn – @catererdotcom
Download our free tips and advice
- Hospitality career aspirations too hot to handle
- Recruiting in hospitality Podcast: Tom Aikens Inspiring hospitality talent
- Strong, Confident, Smart – with hospitality in their heart – Part 1 – with Wendy Bartlett MBE & Sunaina Sethi
- Strong, Confident, Smart – with hospitality in their heart – Part 2 – with Sara Jayne Stanes OBE and Maxine Muir